Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Lazy! Time to get back on track


I've been holiday in Melbourne, well, I say 'holiday' but really it's harder work than being home since I had a toddler!
I've been back nearly a week now, and I still can't get motivated to blog.
I am working part time this week, and maybe next week, at my ex-work. I loved my first day there yesterday, it's good to talk to adults and have a good gossip session etc etc.
The downside was that my hubby looked after Isaac yesterday while I worked... Isaac had a swollen eye and hubby didn't bother to take him to the doctor, So when Isaac woke up this morning, it was all bloody puss. (I mean 'bloody' as in blood, not as in the swear word). So I took him to the doctor this morning and got antibiotics. But now I have to worry about his 'babysitter' giving it to him for the next 2 days while I'm at work, as if I wasn't worried enough about someone else looking after my precious and sick son.
I might as well confess, I ate some chocolate in Melbourne, I decided the 'no chocolate & no ice cream' rule only applied in New Zealand :) I didn't go crazy, just 1/3 of a King block or chocolate total. There is under 1 month left, so on 1 Sept I can eat Chocolate & Ice Cream again.
I hope to keep blogging regularly, I hear that 1 of you is missing it :P

3 comments:

  1. Well it's about time! ;-P

    You're right, chocolate doesn't count on the other side of the Tazzie - they can't make it as good as it's made here. It's also one of the healthiest foods on the planet so there should be no guilt attached.

    Eeyew on the eye thing. Not conjunctivitis I hope? Whatever you do, don't google it!

    I think you just wanted an excuse to say "bl**dy". When I was a kid I used to go around singing that Beatles song "...Ooh Blah dee, ooh blah da..." just so I could say "it" without getting into trouble. I was such a rebel - out of control!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm counting down the days for choc too! I decided that as with in Oz not counting, after walking a half marathon a giant choc fish doesn't count either... and it was my finishing prize from the people running it, so I HAD to eat it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another thing u could do is have one day a week when you can have some chocolate. Then ur not torturing urself wanting summin u can't have - u just have all week to look forward to it!

    ReplyDelete