Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Planting Stuff


I can't remember when I got these, maybe Christmas, maybe my birthday?
Anyway, I got them from my step-mother-in-law, who always seems to buy cool presents for us all! She has a real gift of not buying heaps of crap for the sake of buying presents.
And the awesome thing about these, are that they are herbs in a can, so I can 'plant' them when I'm ready. It's taken me months and months, but I was ready on 21 July!
You just open the can, add water, and keep them watered, but when I opened them up they had a bag marked "extra seed".
I wasn't sure if that meant EXTRA seed, or if it meant I had to put the seeds in, with the instructions in Chinese Engrish. But I thought I'd keep the extra seed and just wait and see if anything grew. So naturally I was a bit hesitant as to whether anything would grow. Plus the fact they had been sitting in the cupboard since I got them.

But less than 2 weeks later, and lots of water later, a sprout popped up on my chives! One of the most exciting days I've had in a while.


and then the other morning the parsley has just popped up too! YAY! Fresh herbs coming up for dinners soon :)

They are slowly growing, not nearly enough for a meal yet, but hopefully soon I'll have a thriving bunch of Chives & Parsley :) I'm considering putting the extra seeds in too, but I'm not sure how that will work out... I'll keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment